Each scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $5,000.
To be eligible for the Valfilm/One Energy STEM Scholarships, applicants must:
- be a senior for the 2020-2021 academic school year, reside in Hancock County, Ohio, and attend an eligible school.
- have demonstrated academic excellence in high school and have plans to complete a college education in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline at an accredited school.
- be able to demonstrate community involvement through participation in activities or organizations within the community.
- submit a 500-1500-word essay based on the following topic:
“Discuss where you see your STEM career leading you, and what your environmental responsibility as a professional is.”
- submit an official high school transcript.
- complete and submit the scholarship application.
Note: all criteria are not absolute.