Ball Corporation is the provider of metal packaging for beverages, foods, and household products, and of aerospace and other technologies and services to commercial and governmental customers.
Ball Corporation has partnered with One Energy in continuing its efforts to become a more sustainable company within the community by utilizing a natural resource through wind turbines. As a result, the company is offering six Ball Corporation/One Energy STEM Scholarships.
Each scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $5,000.
To be eligible for the Ball Corporation/One Energy STEM Scholarships, applicants must:
- be a senior for the current academic school year, reside in Hancock County, Ohio, and attend an eligible school.
- have demonstrated academic excellence in high school and have plans to complete a college education in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline at an accredited school.
- be able to demonstrate community involvement through participation in activities or organizations within the community.
- submit a typed essay between 500-1,500 words based on the following topic:
“Discuss how your interest in a STEM field has developed and how you envision applying your STEM education in the future.”
- submit an official high school transcript.
- complete and submit the scholarship application.
- have a minimum 3.5 grade point average (recommended).
Note: all criteria are not absolute.
Learn more about Ball Corporation.