Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties is a leading supplier of building materials – including aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete, and asphalt.
Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties has partnered with One Energy in continuing its efforts to become a more sustainable company within the community by utilizing a natural resource through wind turbines. This sustainability will allow Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties to reduce its dependency on utility electricity and replace it with a more environmentally friendly source. As a result, three Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties / One Energy scholarships will be offered to individuals looking to utilize a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) education in their future endeavors.
Each scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $5,000.
To be eligible for the Martin Marietta/One Energy STEM Scholarships, applicants must:
- be a senior for the current academic school year and attend one of the following eligible schools: Woodmore High School, Genoa Area High School, Gibsonburg High School, and Eastwood High School (applications will also be considered for any student whose parent/parents work for Martin Marietta’s Woodville facility, regardless of the school district they attend).
- have demonstrated academic excellence in high school and have plans to complete a college education in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline at an accredited school.
- be able to demonstrate community involvement through participation in activities or organizations within the community.
- submit a typed essay between 500-1,500 words based on the following topic:
“Discuss how your interest in a STEM field has developed and how you envision applying your STEM education in the future.”
- submit an official high school transcript.
- complete and submit the scholarship application.
- have a minimum 3.5 grade point average (recommended).
Note: all criteria are not absolute.
Learn more about Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties